Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to "Normal"

Yesterday we took Thing 1 back to college.  Today I miss her terribly.


I picked T1 up on December 22 when school closed for the Christmas break.  In my mind it was going to be a fabulous Christmas season with her home making our family of 4 complete for the Holidays.


It didn't exactly start out that way.


T1's boyfriend is in the USMC and he was able to be home for the Christmas. I was thrilled for the two of them to be together.  Since T1BF joined the core, the goodbye's between them have been heartbreaking. We gave T1 complete free reign to come and go all she wanted before T1BF had to leave back to the Core on New Year's Eve morning.


After another tearful goodbye, I got my first born back for the rest of her break.  However it appeared that she left her good mood behind somewhere.  I couldn't believe that she wasn't thrilled to be with us! I waited all through Christmas week to get her back and she'd rather not be with us??


We had a screaming match long talk and afterwards things seemed to have settled into a good routine.  We had a great 3 weeks.  She was a stellar big sister to T2 and she was a great help around the house. Then the day came to her back.  It's a little quieter without her.  We'll go through less food.  We'll eat out less often.


I miss her. A lot.


T1 and T2 is one of those moments that actually make my heart cry





No comments:

Post a Comment