Sunday, January 22, 2012

Indoor Voice

I have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters that I will affectionately refer to as Thing 1 and Thing 2 (T1 & T2).


There is a 12 year age gap between my girls.  T1 is in her first semester of college and she is a lot like me.  We like to wake up quiet, we're very comfortable with our own company, we enjoy companionable silence when we hang out together.


T2 is a entirely different person.  She is loud. She is boisterous.  She does not have an Indoor Voice. She is in 1st grade. 


We have looked for it.  I thought she would have been born with it.  I've tried bribing her to come up with one.  I've even tried using poor health to drum up a sympathetic Indoor Voice ("Baby girl Mommy has a crushing headache can you please see if there's an Indoor Voice that you can use?")  


Nope. Nothing.


T2 is a product of Montessori preschool and fiercely independent.  You can call her highly spirited. T2 wakes up ready to go and ready to talk about anything. I love her so much that it breaks my heart.  


I just wish we could find, or buy, or grow, or even download an Indoor Voice for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment