Thursday, March 15, 2012

Where is the time going?

Somehow we are already half way into March.  Spring is literally right around the corner.  As anybody who knows me will agree, I am a happier person once Winter starts to become a memory.  I am that person that has an immediate mood shift when the clocks change and "spring forward."  (I might be a little grumpy off because of the time change but it's short lived).   I love to leave work and see that there is still daylight out there.  Plus I just love to leave work.

But all of this has just happened so quickly.  The beginning of the month was my birthday.  And while my age remains 40-something, I still realize in other ways that another year has gone by.  Not too long after my birthday my mother has a birthday.  Wow Mom, you're really that old now?  Another measure of proof that my 40-somethingness won't last much longer.

Then it's T1's birthday.  This year was hard because she was away at school and wouldn't be home until the weekend for us to officially celebrate.  It's the first time she was away.  The first time I didn't get to sneak in her room at the exact time of her birth and give her a hug.  But the times being what they are, we did get to speak and she was nice enough to sound as she actually enjoyed the call at 10:23 pm.  The end of the month will bring more birthdays on my inlaws side of the family.  

Then Bam! We're in April.  T1 has spring break the first week of April and T2 has the second.  I think it's a little unfair they're not better coordinated.  The end of April will be T1F's graduation from his Marine Schooling and God willing, a trip home that T1's heart could really use.   

I don't like to wish time away.  I want to enjoy every day because I really believe we should make everyday count.  But I admit that I am looking forward to the official start of Spring.  And the "kids" being home from school.  

In the meantime, I'm thankful for good weather, the first signs of Spring and leaving Old Man Winter behind.  All of these are good signs of passing time.

A beautiful almost Spring sky with a perfectly beautiful American flag.






No comments:

Post a Comment